10-hour winter 2022
An online training
influenced by positive psychology
This meditation immersion course is designed to inform participants of both didactic and experiential meditation practices through the lens of positive psychology. This program is suitable for all individuals wanting to deepen their knowledge and personal practices of mediation. Learn the ancient wisdom and techniques of meditation, as well as the science and practical applications of mindfulness. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate and have the necessary tools to share the gift of meditation with others. Yoga teachers will receive CEUs through Yoga Alliance. Come prepared to reflect, interact and share ideas as we explore a myriad of techniques to encourage others as well as deepen our own meditation experience.
- The history and modern day applications of meditation and mindfulness
- The myths and misconceptions of meditation
- The synthesis of Eastern wisdom and Western Positive Psychology
- Instruction of various types of mindfulness and meditation practices
- When, where, why and how to meditate
- The physiological and psychological benefits of adopting meditation into your routine
- The effects of stress on the mind and body
- The spiritual and mystic elements of meditation
- Taking the seat of the teacher and finding your authentic voice
January 26th – February 16th, 2022
Choose your cohort!
Wednesday Afternoons from 12:00pm – 1:30pm EST
Wednesday Evenings from 6:30pm – 8:00pm EST
Interested in signing up? Registration available at Hive & Thrive
This course will meet via Zoom. Our immersion is offered virtually during our live sessions and can be taken from anywhere in the world. While it is strongly encouraged you attend live class sessions, everyone will receive access to all digital training materials as well as pre-recorded meditations to use in their own time.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Organizational Leaders
- Yoga Instructors (CEU’s available) Massage Therapists and other Body Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Other Allied Health Professionals
- Social Workers, Psychiatrists, Psychologists
- School teachers and administrators
- Individuals wishing to deepen their practice of meditation
- Physicians and Physician Assistants
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners